Are you searching for a comprehensive list of stoner names for girls? Whether you’re a soon-to-be parent or simply curious about popular canna-inspired names, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t worry; we haven’t got any wacky suggestions like Gorilla Glue #4. You can expect a range of unique, interesting, and relatively regular-sounding marijuana-inspired names for your future daughter.
Ready to hear the top 28 weed names for girls? Let’s jump in.
28 Female Stoner Names
Once you decide to run with a weed-inspired name for your future daughter, you’ll need some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing.
Here are 28 girl names that incorporate our favorite green herb:
- Charlotte: Derived from the famous medical cannabis strain that’s known to treat seizures in children, Charlotte’s Web.
- Mary Jane: This name comes from the classic term for marijuana.
- Indica: A mellow and relaxing species of cannabis.
- Sativa: An energetic and uplifting species of weed.
- Alice: An alternative name for pot brownies and short for Alice B.
- Meggie: A slang term for marijuana.
- Kaya: An African word that describes cannabis.
- Juanita: A common phrase for weed in Mexico.
- Zooi: A joint holder.
- Cedella: The name of Bob Marley’s daughter.
- Simone: A beloved character from Dazed and Confused.
- Shavonne: Another popular female name from Dazed and Confused.
- Janis: Inspired by the 70s singer and marijuana enthusiast Janis Joplin.
- Rhi Rhi: A cute stoner girl nickname that derives from Rihanna.
- Marley: Bob’s last name.
- Nancy: Named after cannabis-dealing suburban mother Nancy Botwin from Weeds.
- Mae: A famous character from Reefer Madness.
- Alora: A name with African origins that translates to “my dream.” Fans of the cannabis strain Blue Dream may particularly appreciate this one.
- Abella: A French name that means “breath.”
- Miley: Inspired by pop icon and 420 enthusiasts Miley Cyrus.
- Noor: An Arabic name that means “light.”
- Flower: A stoner name for girls that derives from another term for cannabis.
- Indigo: This gorgeous color also shares its name with a rare marijuana strain.
- Sage: Named after the popular herb, it also means “wise.”
- Canna: The short version of the word “cannabis.”
- Hazel: Fans of the Haze strain can go wild with this name.
- Adabel: This German word means “happy” and “lovely,” which is precisely how cannabis makes you feel.
- Selene: In Greek, this name translates to “moon goddess” and has a less obvious connection to marijuana.
Tips for Choosing a Canna-Inspired Name
Want to make sure you choose the best stoner girl name? Here are some top tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure it rolls off the tongue: Say the full name out loud to see how it sounds and check that it can’t be easily turned into an ugly joke.
- Keep the spelling simple: A unique name is important, but it shouldn’t be overly complicated. Stick to simple spellings and pronunciations to make it less challenging for your child to write and relay their name. It gets annoying having to spell it out for every person you meet.
- Stick to shorter names: If you already have a long surname, there’s no need to add a complex first name. Fewer syllables make it easier to remember and help it stand out from the crowd.
- Consider the initials: Check the full initials to ensure they don’t spell out common swear words or other unwanted names. For example, Anna Sativa Smith might not be the best choice.
- Take it seriously: If you’re a die-hard cannabis enthusiast, you may be tempted to go all out and choose the most out-of-the-box girl name. Consider how your child’s name may impact their future, as they’ll have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Make it unique but not too wacky. If you tell someone your proposed name and they laugh, it might be time to go back to the drawing board.
Ready to find the perfect female stoner name? Explore our list of options and have fun combining different cannabis terms into a one-of-a-kind girl name.