We all have grown up watching cartoons then you surely listen to Ninja turtle names. Are you in search of an animated series for yourself or for your kids?
Ninja Turtle which is also popularly known as Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles is an American 3D animated television series created in 1983.
In 1984, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird published the first Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles(TMNT )comic book as well as created the series along with its characters.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comprises action, comedy, adventure, and science fiction. On December 28, 1987, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles began its first cartoon series and till now a total of 7 seasons (156 Episodes) have been premiered.
Along with the comic book and series, Ninja Turtle Names has got its Role-playing and video games. There is even a wide range of toys produced by Playmates Toys since 1988.
The Ninja Turtle has captured people’s hearts to such an extent that at Nickelodeon Suites Resort over 1,000 people gathered in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles outfits, similarly on March 17, 2012, over 836 people were dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Mall of America.
Also, Read- Ninja Names
Also, Read- Monk Names
Ninja Turtle Character Names
The main characters in All Ninja Turtle Names:
- Leonardo – Leonardo often called Leo, is named after a renowned artist Renaissance Leonardo Da Vinci. Leonardo is one of the four main fictional characters. He is the eldest among his brothers and is considered to be the leader of the group. He eats, breathes, and sleeps ninjutsu, that’s why he was chosen to be the leader of the Ninja Turtles by Master Splinter. He wears a blue bandanna. The signature weapon that he carries is known as Katana. Leo acquires incredible skills like leadership, Mastery of various forms of hand-to-hand combat, keen strategist, and highly skilled in ninjutsu.
- Donatello – Donatello, nicknamed Don. Don is depicted by the Purple eye mask. bō staff is his signature weapon. Among all four Ninja Turtles, Don is the most smartest and intelligent. He is the ability to invent multiple gadgets and weapons to keep his brothers safe. He is considered to be the tallest of all the brothers but on the other hand, his ninja skills are at the lowest. His strengths include Olympic-level agility, being a Genius-level Scientist, and being a creative inventor.
- Michelangelo – He wears an Orange eye mask. Mike is described as the most lighthearted, funny, and creative of all. He has many ideas, and every time one will definitely come out to be the best. His signature weapons are a pair of nunchaku. He is also considered to be a talented chef and one who loves eating Pizza.
- Raphael – Raphael is a short-tempered, aggressive, sarcastic, and rebellious personality. He is known for his Brooklyn accent. He is the second oldest of all the turtles. Raph is uniquely known for wearing a red eye mask. His signature and primary weapon is twin sai. He is the master of sai and tonfa, his speed is very quick, and also mastered Kobudo.
- Splinter –Splinter also known as the master splinter is a mutant rat. He teaches, guides, and instructs martial arts and ninjutsu to the turtles. Splinter is also considered to be their adoptive father. His abilities include a highly skilled master of ninjutsu, and being highly intellectual. One of the important abilities he has is a keen sense of smell. Splinter is mature, serious, and defensive. It is said that any villain wishing to harm his sons will have to go through him first.
Ninja Turtle has released many films, some of them with the best box office collections as follows:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
It is the first film based on Ninja Turtle Names. It is directed by Steve Barron and produced by Simon Fields, David Chan, and Kim Dawson. The film was released on March 30, 1990, and lasted for 93 minutes. The Box Office collection made by the film is $202 million.
It was the highest-grossing independent film. The film follows the storyline of the turtles on a quest to save their master Splinter, from the Shredder and his Foot Clan, with their new allies, April O’Neil and Casey Jones.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of Ooze (1991)
It is the sequel film of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The film was distributed by New Line Cinema in the United States, and internationally by 20th Century Fox. The film was directed by Michael Pressman and Produced by Thomas K.Gray, Kim Dawson, and David Chan.
It was released on March 22, 1991. The Box Office collection of the film was $78.6 million in US/Canada and $ 54 million worldwide. Continuing from the last film the villain, The Shredder, returns to take back the order from Foot Clan and starts to work towards getting revenge on the turtles.
As soon as he learns the secrete behind the turtle’s mutations he becomes more dangerous than ever. The film also introduces two new villains: Tokka and Rahazar.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
It is an American fictional animated film, the sequel of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of Ooze” and is the final film series of the original trilogy. This film is directed by Stuart Gillard and Produced by David Chan, Kim Dawson, and Thomas K.Gray.
It was released on March 19, 1993. The Box Office collection made by the film was 54.4 million. Resuming from the previous film, this film further continues when their closest friend April O’Neil discovers an ancient scepter with magical powers. It is considered to be the worst in the original line of films.
In 1984, the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) was published by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in black and white. They mailed it to a number of media outlets. In a short span of time, it was a major success story.
The Names Of The Comic Books Published Are As Follows:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1984-2015)– Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was published by Mirage Studios. In the book, the four small turtles are exposed to the radioactive ooze, which transforms them into humanoids, after which they are trained in ninjitsu. They further fight in New York City.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (1988-1995) – A famous comic book series published by Archie Comics. This series was published from August 1988 to October 1995. The storyline of the book continues as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gradually become the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles. The brothers acquire new powers and new allies to fight their upcoming enemies.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(2003) – This comic book series is published by Dreamwave Productions. The book was published between June and December 2003. This particular book series was scheduled every month.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(2011-Present)- A book series of Ninja Turtle Names. It is an ongoing series. This particular book is published by IDW Publications. After the sale of the media franchise to Nickelodeon on October 2009, this is the first new comic version of the Ninja Turtle Name.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Guide to the Universe- This series revolves around outer space and aliens such as Triceratons.
Ninja Turtle has got us some interesting and amazing games to play! ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness’ is a role-playing game based on the comic book series and Television series created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. The rules are all based on Palladium’s Megaversal System.
Ninja Turtle games have been produced since 1989. These games are mostly produced by the Japanese video game manufacturer called Konami. These games are available on various platforms like DOS, Xbox 360, Xbox, Microsoft Windows, etc.
The first release was made on May 12, 1989. The genres of video games are action, adventure, fighting, role-playing, puzzle, etc. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is also a side-scrolling action platform game for the Nintendo Entertainment System released by Konami.
It was the first video game, based on the Ninja Turtle animated series. This particular game was released after the second season of the show. More than 4 Million cartridges were sold worldwide. The game has three sequels :
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game in 1990
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project in 1991
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time in 1992.
The latest release of the video game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Shredder’s Revenge (2022).
Gradually Ninja Turtle Names expanded itself and started selling the toys. The toys generally included vehicles, characters, and action figures. Toys based on Ninja Turtle were started in 1988 by Playmates Toys.
Great artists like Northampton, Massachusetts-based Mirage Studios presented the designs for the toys like vehicles, playsets, etc. Amid 1988 and 1997, Playmates produced around 400 figures and hundreds of vehicles and playsets.
In four years, around $1.1 billion USD of toys were sold. It became the third-bestselling toy figure, leaving behind GI Joe and Star Wars.
Fun Facts of Ninja Turtle Names
- There was a time when Ninja Turtle got an anime treatment.
- There was a fifth turtle. The fourth film that was in the work was meant to feature a fifth turtle called, Kirby. Kirby was once removed once the film did not fall into the place. Kirby is named after the famous Marvel comic writer Jack Kirby.
- All the turtles are named after famous Italian artists.
- Pizza hut sponsored a popular international concert tour for our half-shelled heroes. They were sent around the world to perform live stage shows called “Coming Out of Their Shells”
- When the turtles are bored, they conduct competitions. Donatello holds the fastest speed for solving a crossword puzzle.
- Donnie always feels insecure since he is the weakest of his siblings. So he tries to make himself feel by using bigger words that confuse them (mainly Raph).
Things one must learn from Ninja Turtle Names
- Family comes First – The turtles’ sense of family has bonded them through conflicts both with enemies and themselves.
- Team Stands for ‘ Together Everyone Achieves More’- As individuals, the Ninja Turtles can and do accomplish much more. But when all put their unique skills and personalities together. They do become an unstoppable force.
- Find What You Are Good At and Specialize In It – Each turtle has his own unique weapon and martial arts approach that suits him. Individually, the turtles work out and practice their fighting techniques with full dedication.
- There’s Awesome Stuff Down in the Sewer: You Just Have To Imagine it- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles created an entire world of secret passageways, and hidden homes despite all kinds of wild creatures. The lesson is that one can turn even the grossest elements of life into resources of fantasy and inspiration.
This is all about the Ninja Turtles Names. It is a great comic book, series, and film. Go and watch it right away! There is a wide range, starting from toddlers to adults.
Ninja Turtle Names have grown rapidly through the years and we are eagerly waiting for something new to come so that we can have more and more series and films to watch, more books to read, and interesting games to play.
Two men got started writing a comic book in 1983 and now they have reached such a level. 39 years of ups and downs have brought them here, Incredible! So stay tuned, Stay Excited.